Our Parish will be a vital, caring and welcoming community, living the Gospel of Jesus in word and action.
PARISH PASTORAL OBJECTIVES
The Parish Council will:
- Provide pastoral leadership.
- Represent the parish and reflect the diversity of the parish family, where such diversity is consistent with Gospel values.
- Function in ways that recognise the importance of family unity, and
- Create strong links to our Parish school communities.
- Provide effective and regular communication within the parish.
- Communicate and interact with the people of the Diocese, other pastoral councils, Diocesan bodies and the pastoral leadership of the Diocese.
- Provide opportunities for the parishioners to participate in parish affairs.
- Assist and communicate with the Parish Team, to co-ordinate the activities of the Parish Groups.
- Regularly review the work for the Council and parish groups.
PARISH PASTORAL PRIORITIES
The Parish Pastoral Council will:
- Develop ways that encourage youth to participate in parish life.
- Encourage all the parish groups to consider the involvement of younger Catholics.
- Provide on going support for all parents of the parish in the faith development of their children.
- Affirm and demonstrate support for young parishioners in the projects and programes they undertake as members of St Brigids faith community.
- PASTORAL CARE FOR THE AGED
- Develop ways to encourage a greater awareness of “the new old” in ourcommunity, and to provide ongoing support for their particular spiritual and pastoral needs.
- PARISHIONER INVOLVEMENTIn light of increasing parish responsibilities for furthering the work of the church, the Parish Pastoral Council will:
- Encourage all parishioners to commit themselves to the functioning of the parish.
- Effectively communicate as much as possible with the Parish Team and the parishioners about the inevitable changes taking place.
- Support and communicate openly with the Port Stephens Regional Pastoral Council to ensure our Parish is fully prepared and able to implement the Port Stephens Regional Plan.